WHY PREP FOR PHOTOS?
The majority of buyers start their home search online. There are general guidelines that will help to ensure your photos turn out beautifully, increasing the likelihood of selling your home more quickly.
- Thoroughly clean the whole house (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows)
- Replace all burned out light bulbs (use bulbs of the same temperature)
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF
- Turn all TVs and computer screens OFF
- Make all beds
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
- Place all shoes/jackets in closets
LESS IS MORE
De-clutter the home. A clean space is more appealing to buyers. The goal is to create a stylish, neutral feel so the buyers can picture themselves in the home without distractions of your personal items. Clean and remove clutter items throughout the home. When you feel you have de-cluttered a room, remove a few more items.
- Remove cars from driveway and front of home
- Close garage doors
- Clean up landscaping (mow, trim shrubs, clear leaves)
- Plant flowers in planters
- Remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames
- Remove visible water hoses
- Remove toys, frisbees, soccer goals, etc.
- Stage patio furniture
- Clear countertops - leave one major appliance, i.e. coffee maker
- Clear any items from the top of upper cabinets
- Remove personal items from the refrigerator, i.e. magnets, photos, etc.
- Hide garbage cans in the pantry
- Clear any dirty dishes
- Remove personal items, magazines, mail, etc.
- Dust and clean built-ins & minimize the number of items being displayed
- Clear out any toys that may have been left behind
- Fluff and arrange furniture and pillows
- Be sure the blinds and curtains are open
- Make beds, include decorative pillows if available
- Clear nightstands and top of dressers of all personal items
- Clean under bed, removing items that may show in the photos
- Don't forget the kids rooms, organize toys
- Remove any stickers or personalized names on walls
- Dust furniture
- Clear counters of all personal items
- Put toilet seats down
- Remove floor mats
- Only display clean towels
- Remove soap, shampoo, razors etc. from view
- Clean glass shower doors/steam cloth shower curtains to rid of creases
- Place pet beds/toys in pantry or closet
- Place food and water bowls in pantry or closet
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair
- Contain pets in hidden crate or outside
- Clear back yard of pet waste/toys